Posts Tagged ‘rule the night’
It used to be that doing an April Fools’ Day joke would earn you the ire of your victim on that day, and you’d only have to deal with that fallout. But these days companies post and leave up April Fools’ PR that people continue to find.
Here’s the thing: not every day is April Fools’ Day. It is the first time your readers see it, but then it’s indexed by Google and comes up on search results every day of the year. Then you have people missing the date of a post (or missing its significance since we tend to forget that AFD exists except around AFD), thinking it’s legit, and…screw it. Here’s what happens:
You can also visit RPG.net to see this in continuous action. :)
When you do April Fools’ Day pranks, know that this’ll happen. I’m not saying to not do it, but just know going in. Eyes open, and all that.
Oh my god you guys! You won’t believe this, but yesterday we finalized the contract for Tomorrow the World! Games to produce the RPG for the hit new live-action web comic, Irving Batman: Geriatric Crusader.
It will be very faithful to the original material, and not some uninspired piece of churned out crap like The Dresden Files RPG or The Leverage RPG. No, we’re going to do this one RIGHT. Check it out!
- 20 ORIGINAL classes, including Weremanservant (who doesn’t love Night Alfred!) and Catsmanduex Master
- 50 weapons! Yes, fans, I know you’ll ask for it. So we’ll definitely have stats for Death Pudding!
- Entirely new subsystems for Combat, Social Combat, and Nurse Action!
- Just like the live-action comic, there will be slutty-dressed women everywhere! Who doesn’t love that?
- FULL COLOR! 600 PAGES! HARD BOUND! ONE BOOK FOR ALL YOUR IRVING BATMAN NEEDS!
But remember, this isn’t just going to be The Definitive Game for fans. No! It’ll be the launching of our new generic RPG: the MASTER system. What does MASTER stand for? I haven’t figured it out yet!
Remember, Batketeers, GO FORTH AND RULE THE NIGHT!