Posts Tagged ‘ennies’
(Fred said it well, so I’ll just copy him.) The ENnie Awards Voting Booth is live, and will be for over a week. That said, please don’t delay in making sure your voice is heard in one of the RPG industry’s biggest awards!
The Dresden Files RPG has received an outstanding six nominations this year, and Happy Birthday Robot received four as well. We certainly hope you agree with us that these are some of the best games this year and worth your votes, but even if you don’t agree, please do vote. The ENnies deserve the love!
As for my own thoughts, I made this a couple years ago back when The Voice of the Revolution was up for an ENnie. I figure it still applies today, even if my shameful lack of facial hair in the video doesn’t.
Okay, now that I’m rewatch that, replace:
- “show” with “game”
- “Best podcast” with “a number of nominations”
- “Paul Tevis & Brennan Taylor” with “Evil Hat”
- “July 24th” with “July 15th”
- My beardless face with the face of a man, capable of drinking bourbon
Man, this video editing thing is easier than I thought.
Anyway, thank you for taking part in the process.
- Podcasts and Blogs: You must send a link to your site and specify one “must-hear” episode or one “must-read” article/issue. The judges will select another “must-hear” episode or one “must-read” article/issue that they all listen to/read. Each judge will then select another episode/article/issue.
I’m stumped because I live in my head and I just vomit forth whatever I’m thinking about. I’m sure some posts have resonated with folks more than others. So, your mission, should you choose to accept it: Which of these posts from last year (starting May 1, 2011) is my most “must-read” post? Why?
If you help me pick my post, I’ll likely by you a drink at a con, whether I actually get nominated for an ENnie or not. Because this sort of thing is drink-worthy.
My posts from the last 12 months:
- May 2010
- July 2010
- August 2010
- September 2010
- October 2010
- November 2010
- December 2010
- January 2011
- Goals for 2011
- Making Sympathetic Antagonists
- Mutant Healing Aspect
- Thoughts on Opportunities
- Happy Changes with RPGPodcasts.com
- On Luck and Wisdom
- GMs Seminar at Endgame, March 19th 2011
- Internal vs World Compels
- Don’t Define with the Negative
- Panels at DunDraCon 2011!
- A Tool for Leverage Masterminds
- How Our Covers Look In Stores
- You Don’t Own Your Message
- February 2011
- March 2011
- Audience Participation: Your Convention Kit
- Critique: “Be” Advice
- How to Crap on Your Readers with Smartphones
- How to Better Utilize Facebook as a Blogger
- Ways To Afford An Editor
- Audience Participation: How Have Editors Helped You?
- I’m a Game Advocate!
- #HappinessIs Leverage-on-Leverage Action
- The Fallacy of Punk
- Play-Review: Microscope
- Thoughts on The Long Game
- Interview about Drifting Games
- Folks I Admire: Chris Hanrahan
- A Strange, New Realization
- Concept to Shelf Episode 2
- Advice for New Bloggers
- April 2011 (so far)
- The Lasting Effects of April Fools’ Day
- Finding Your Break-Even Point
- Mythender Quick Peek: Warrior & Crusader
- Valley of the Shadow of Overcommitment
- Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Awesome
- Thoughts on Implied Setting vs Stated Setting
- Origins Award 2011 Nominations
- Reminders I Need
- Folks I Admire: Will Hindmarch
- What Doesn’t Kill You…
Again, a huge thank-you in advance to everyone who helps me out here!
Ever since the ENnie Awards in 2007, I have been chief among those given a special honor: playfully jabbing at my good friend Paul Tevis’ Gold ENnie Award for Best Podcast.
“Oh, hey, it’s ENnie Award Winning Paul Tevis!” etc.
He has been eagerly awaiting an opportunity to turn the tables on me, and it looks like it’s possible this year.
But Master Plan and This Just In… weren’t nominated this year, Ryan! you say. And you’re right, they weren’t. But listen, silly rabbit, I don’t do just two shows. Oh no, I do three.
And that third show, the one I produce every month for IPR, The Voice of the Revolution, has been nominated for the ENnie Award for Best Podcast. This makes me happier beyond belief, as it’s a labor of love — working with Paul & Brennan is a joy, and even when technical issues color that with frustration, at the end of each month I have something I’m proud of and am happy to have my name attached to.
So, when voting time comes, I ask you: consider voting for The Voice. It’s the only way Paul will get to have his revenge on me.
Of course, that’s not the only product I’m involved in. Along with my editing The Voice, I also edited Evil Hat Productions’ Don’t Lose Your Mind — which, in my opinion, is one of the most badass books that conveys setting without being explicit about it. (I now understand the weird joy of seeing a book you edited be up for a “Best Writing” award. Not that I’m claiming “Hey, I earned that,” because that sweet, sweet writing was all the talented Benjamin Baugh. But the sense of being a part of someone else’s awesome, helping them achieve something wicked — that kicks ass, people. That’s why I do this thing.)
Finally, and while it goes without saying, it never should: Congrats to the other nominees! I am humbled (even if my prose doesn’t sound it, since, hey, media personality here) to be in your company.
P.S. HOLY CRAP! I’M UP FOR AN ENNIE!