Convention Book: Syndicate is Live!
This book was hard to do — far harder than Progenitors — because the mandate of the line is counter to the way the Convention’s portrayed. They’re villains, ranging from Mr. Potter from It’s a Wonderful Life to mafioso types. The previous writers reveled in them as nearly being moustache-twirling sociopaths.
My job was to show how they’re the heroes of their own stories. And thanks to my crack writing team (Leonard Balsera, Adam Koebel, Josh Roby, and Malcolm Sheppard), we did just that. Frankly, as someone who grew up in a family in financial straits, who has suffered under the American health system, and whose mother just lost her house because of a banking technicality, I was a bit disgusted with some of the stuff that we were personally writing:
We explained why the Syndicate is the greatest force of good for all humanity.
A couple of my alpha readers messaged me after reading it, with “oh fuck you, Macklin, now I understand them.” — which is what I was going for, as the developer on the book. And in reading this, you too will fully understand the mindset of the Syndicate agent, no matter the Methodology.
Here’s a little bit of what’s in store:
- Information on how the internal Union economy works.
- The Enlightened Syndicate agent and how she deals with procedures in the world.
- The Convention post-Reorganization, and how it saved the Union from collapse.
- The Syndicate’s alternate theory of Prime, Primal Utility. Spoiler: it’s a game-changer.
- What exactly happened to Special Projects Division?
- And a little hint of what will be in the upcoming Convention Book: Void Engineers.
Forum links where people are talking about the book:
P.S. Because some cockbite did it last time, this time I will just delete any trolling bullshit comments, since they don’t come from the Enlightened. :)
 Incidentally, I truly loathe that film with all of my being, and won’t sit through a viewing of it.