Archive for May 15th, 2012
Last night, I had the pleasure of spending the evening chatting with Ron & Veronica Blessing, Ed Doolittle & Lee Langston on their new gaming podcast, RoleplayDNA. We discussed sandbox games, including:
- What we see is and isn’t a sandbox game
- The sorts of sandbox games we’ve run before
- Sandbox games and IP games
- Degree of player-ownership in sandbox games
- Shoot, degree of GM-ownership in a sandbox game with heavy canon
- Helping players not used to this sort of game dive in
- Player types & expectations with such games.
- Setting up sandbox games
- Giving me shit for Dresden’s lateness. And me giving some back.
 Lee’s note on the hosts’ about page proclaims him the “The God of Gaming.” People should not tell me that they’re gods. Ever.