Mythender Character Creation is Live!
I’ll just copy the text from the current version of the Mythender Character Creation page. You’ll want to go there for future updates.
Interested in making a character for Mythender? Check out the Character Creation chapter (1.4M PDF, updated 19-May-11):
Mythender Character Creation [Playtest]
This is an early, unedited draft. As such, there will be typos to fix, tweaks to make, and the layout is far from final (since this is just a thrown-together-in-Word testbed and I’m not doing the layout for the final book). You’ll welcome to point out stuff, just know it’s far from final text. :)
What I Want From You
I want two things: (1) Feedback on this (see the next point) and (2) to see your characters posted up on the internet with links on the original Character Creation post. Right now I don’t have a character sheet — in fact, I’ll want to see quite a few characters made and posted before I know how I should alter it.
For now, you can comment on the original Character Creation post with feedback. If that gets overwhelming, I’ll change that to some more manageable process (and consider myself lucky that it has!)
I take the software development approach here — I’ll revise and check on my own internal schedule rather than every time someone finds a typo. This ensures that future revisions don’t introduce more problems because I’m responding at internet-speed. So don’t expect a revision more than once every couple weeks. This page will be updated when that happens. (See below.)
- 19-MAY-11: Character Creation chapter released online
I thought about holding this back and having some folks do one more pass on it, but that felt like it violated the spirit of Half Done. Instead, here you go.
There are literally over a hundred people to thank at this point, but I want to call out those that have helped me over the last two days:
- To Filamena Young, for helping me come up with some of the Mythender Fates. (And check out her & David Hill’s works at Machine Age Productions.)
- To Josh Roby, for helping me proof the Mythender & Mythender Character Creation page, and for giving me a title treatment that’s far better than Helvetica. :)
- To Lon Sarver, for helping me come up with some of the bonds and questions back in January. (Sure, it’s not over the last couple days, but his thumbprint is very much on this document.)
- To Leonard Balsera, for…well, everything. Recently, for helping me reforge the blurbs for each History, and for the entire project, since making Mythender is pretty much his fault.